Friday, March 23, 2007

JACK CHICK AND THE DEVIL


Jack Chick has been writing, illustrating and publishing comic style gospel tracts for over 40 years. They always end in an easy to understand salvation message. I very much believe that his ministry has God's blessing and that Jack is doing God's work. He is still alive today and still producing new tracts.

A few years ago, I thought of an expression I've heard many times in American films. This expression, I would think, is widespread in the USA. Jack Chick is American. The phrase never really caught on in the UK. It's "Jack Shit" - vulgar I know. It means nothing - for example: "You don't know Jack Shit". I believe this expression originated from satan. As usual, he twists things - as well as insulting Jack, he is inferring that he and his work are nothing. In fact, the opposite is true: the gospel message of salvation is everything! RP - November 2006

(Visit http://www.chick.com/)

No comments: